Expat Photography Seminar
Expat Photography Seminar announces the first seminar in English for a better understanding about art, photography and creative thinking!
– are an expat, living in Athens but struggling to find courses in English,
– are interested in photograpy in general,
– would like to boost your creative skills,
– want to know how to take the best pictures, even with your smartphone only,
– would like to develop yourself professionally or find yourself a new passion,
… you’ve found the best place to start!
***Introductory Practical Workshops:
-Street & Urban Photography
-Light painting workshop
-Pinhole Camera: Make your own camera and print a photograph using traditional photographic techniques.
***Photography Theory Lectures:
-Introduction to Photography: A brief technical and artistic history of the medium.
-Masters of Photography
-Equipment: What Camera/Lenses Do You Need for your Photography?
-Fundamental Camera Modes and Settings
-Composition & Creativity: The photographers eye.
-Lighting: Understanding light quality, temperature and direction.
-Studio Flash Photography and lighting techniques.
-Available/ Natural lighting techniques
– Flash photography. How and When to use it.
– Post processing: How to edit your images. The digital darkroom.
– Smartphone photography: Tips for professional results with your mobile device.
*** Showcasing Your Work:
– Formal Group Critique:
Critical thinking. Selecting your best images.
– Portfolio Building session and contemporary ways to promote and showcase your work
*** THE LECTURER:
Anastasis Protopapas has Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in photography from the Universities of Sunderland and Middlesex in the United Kingdom.
He is a photography professor at IEK Delta, Athens and Global Arts Studios at Corinth where he is also the Creative Director of the “Corinth Exposed” International Photography Festival.
He has participated in solo and group photography exhibitions and international photography festivals in Greece and abroad.
Efpatridon 17, Gazi, 11854 Αθήνα
DURATION: 15 weeks / 30 hours in total
Every Friday, 6 Δεκ 2019 – 27 Μαρ 2020
Seminar cost: 225 euros (flexible payment options available)
📞 693 4757880