Greece International Film Festival
The Greece International Film Festival (GIFF) is a screening festival that will take place every four months in a live audiences and will culminate in the grand ceremony at the end of the year in Athens.
We are a team of filmmakers, producers and distributors and we have been professionally involved in cinema and theater for over 25 years.
The Best Film of the Festival will win the great Greek Trophy and will be awarded to the director at the closing ceremony. Also, €3,000 will be given in services, with an ultimate goal and cash prizes.
GIFF’s goal is to promote and highlight all creators. We believe every story deserves to be told and we want to provide that opportunity.
Also, the ultimate goal of the Festival is to make it accessible to everyone.
Greece International Film Festival provides Laurels, Certificates, Honorable Mentions and Prizes to all the participants.
The tradition of awarding a laurel wreath to the winner began in the Pythias at Delphi in Greece in, the 6th century BC.
They were organized in honor of the god Apollo, who usually appeared with a laurel wreath in memory of the nymph Daphne who transformed herself into a plant to escape his amorous moods. The plant was named “Daphne”.
3,000 € in prizes,
and services to the winners.
Best of the Fest
(Greek Laurel Trophy)
Best Trailer (Movie)
Best Trailer (Theatrical)
Best Music Video
Best Director (Short)
Best Director (Feature)
Best Director (Debut)
Best Director (Student)
Best Art Direction
Best Original Score
Better Sound Design
Best Costume Design
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Actor and Actress (Children-Student)
1. YOU OWN ALL THE RIGHTS TO THE FILM.
2. No fee waiver. All entry fees are non-refundable.
3. GIFF can use parts of your film for promotional purpose only.
4. Organizers reserve rights change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, venue, awards & categories without consent.
5. You cannot withdraw your submission after the official selection announcement.
6. The festival does not pay screening fees.
7. With your official entry, you must send us English and Greek subtitles.
8. By registering you accept the rules.
We accept movies of all genes and from any language.
Short Films up to 30 minutes.
Mid-Length Films 30-60.
Feature Films more than 60 minutes.
Production Year: No limit (priority of premiere films).
We accept scripts in English, Italian, French and Greek.